Things To Know About Vintage Rugs
Vintage rugs are made to last and are each one – of – a kind. Hand made and typically made from wool, these rugs are pieces of history. Below are a few tips to maintain the integrity and longevity of your new rug and some additional information.
VINTAGE RUG INFORMATION
Vintage rugs are handmade and therefore will have some irregularities. It's the handmade nature which make these rugs one - of - a - kind and so special. If you have any questions regarding a particular rug, or would like to request additional photos, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org. I am here to help and assist you in anyway possible!
Some rugs are not perfectly shaped, this is due to their handmade nature and age of the rug. The measurements given on the product listings are taken from the widest and longest points.
Your rug may have had repairs made to it due to their age and wear. Product images for the rug listing will show that if present.
Your rug may have signs of wear including but not limited to worn down areas, stains, fraying, small tears or holes etc. Product images for the rug listing will show that if present.
Your rug may appear slightly brighter looking at it from one side than the other. This fading is due to their age, and how the rugs have been used in the past. Lay your new rug out in the space and turn it 180 to see which why you like it best!
Depending on the placement of your rug and the lighting sources of the room it's in, it may appear slightly different in person than the pictures on our website. Product photos of rugs are done indoors in good, soft natural light to try and give you the most accurate portrayal of the colors as possible. But if your room has mostly or all canned/warm light in it, that will typically make the rug look more warm or yellow in person. Occasionally photos are edited slightly to adjust for pictures that come out either too shadowy or overly exposed. Any edits made will be subtle and will not be made to enhance or change the colors of the rug, only portray them more accurately. To request additional photos of a rug please email email@example.com and be sure to include the product name in your email.
The brightness level of the screen you are viewing the rug listings on can significantly change how bright the rug is appearing to you on your device.
VINTAGE RUG CARE
- Try not to over vacuum your new rug. Once or twice a month is suggested (on low setting), and every few months flip your rug over and vacuum the backside.
- A rug pad is suggested
- Professionally clean your rug approx. every 3-5 years.
- To clean a stain – try to clean as soon as possible. Cleaned w/ cold water usually can resolve a stain if done immediately. For other stains/spills it is recommended as quickly as possible to use water and a natural soap or rug shampoo. Do not use a product containing oxy. Simply foam up the soap and wipe with a sponge or rinse with water.
- Rotate your rug approx. every 6 months to ensure the wear is even on your new vintage rug.
- If used in a bathroom we recommend wiping your feet with your towel before stepping out onto the rug to avoid soaking it. You don't want to trap a large amount of water underneath the rug and not allow it to dry.
Please don't hesitate to reach out with questions. Life Inspirit works hard to source great quality, vintage rugs! Know that by purchasing a vintage rug, you are welcoming a part of artistic history into your home!